Friday, June 5, 2009

Open Letter To Ina Garten

Dear Ina,

How do I love thee, let me count the gays....

Ina, I understand that you are rich beyond my wildest dreams; live in Sag Harbor, Southampton, or some other equally WASPy place; and rely upon "good" vanilla and your seemingly unending stream of fabulously gay dinner guests.

I understand that the only thing that we have in common is that we are both slightly chubby and have Anglo familial roots.

But let me say that your lemon yogurt cake recipe makes me want to take you gently in my arms and kiss you right on your lobster bisque flavored lips, causing your dinner guests to cheer, I'm sure.

This is the best recipe. Ever.

I made it tonight, albeit with whole wheat flour because refined white starches are slowly poisoning the Western world, and it was amazing. My mother, father, and husband all professed their deep and undying love for me. Matt will now never, ever question his love for me, even when things get old and saggy. Mom and Dad love me more than they love my sister and have made me soul heir of their vast fortune.

Please don't be upset with me for taking liberties with the flour; you could stand a touch of whole grain yourself, I'm sure.

Sincerely,
Jennifer

4 comments:

  1. maybe, but I am the executor of the will... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. (tears with pride) Jennifer, you rock....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Ina is the queen. I made her butternut squash risotto recently and it nearly brought tears to my eyes. And all her desserts--especially cupcakes--are delicious. But what I think I like most is how real she seems, and how hospitable. I love the story of how she got into business. She definitely found her calling.

    ReplyDelete
  4. good LORD, you made me BLUSH!!!!!!! wow! ;)

    ReplyDelete